Friday, December 12, 2008

My blog hath commenced!

This is my first *real* attempt to maintain a blog, and I intend on using it to update people of my current projects in photography and journalism. I'll also comment on my favorite photographers and interesting trends in the media, etc. (Right now, of course, the most "interesting" trends in the media are depressing ones like these: Newsday has just officially fired every photographer on their staff and then told them to re-apply for new jobs as "visual journalists" since their old positions have been eliminated. Ouch.)

So, yea, it'll be difficult to avoid talking about bad news like that, but I'm going to try to stay upbeat about the industry as well. After all, I am going into ridiculous amounts of debt to enter it! Which brings me to... a brief intro: I'm a photographer and writer based in Austin, Texas, and I'm currently enrolled at the University of Texas for a Master's in photojournalism. Although that's the official name of the professional track program for photographers, I consider myself a journalist inclusive of photography, writing and, most recently, multimedia. More on all that later.

So, that's my brief intro. More, of course, to follow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new blog! I have you bookmarked already. You are off to great start.

Nancy said...

I am finally getting around to viewing your website & blog in some detail. I am totally impressed. Hope you are enjoying your break and are successfully recharging for the Spring.